How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leyla Shahin-Mehrube Your Own Question
Leyla Shahin-Mehrube
Leyla Shahin-Mehrube,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 290
Experience:  Family Solicitor at WLH Solicitors
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Leyla Shahin-Mehrube is online now

How do I go about obtaining legal separation? I've not done

Customer Question

Hi there, how do I go about obtaining legal separation?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I've not done anything yet
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: NG104RD
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Leyla Shahin-Mehrube replied 7 days ago.
HelloYou can apply for a judicial separation for which I will provide a helpful link to assist you or you can both sign and have witnessed a financial separation agreement which will not be legally binding document, however will hold some weight if presented in court: hope I have answered your question. Please click to accept my answer and feel free to ask me to clarify any of the above.
Expert:  Leyla Shahin-Mehrube replied 6 days ago.
Hello please can you kindly accept my answer.