Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

A new social worker taking outpr file 2 weeks ago assess me

Customer Question

A new social worker taking outpr file 2 weeks ago assess me for section 47. My son is special needs , has 14 years old he never had a body map or school and services concerned that him exposing him ever to harm .
I have agreed with her immediate medical assessment ,the police not involved ,other agencies and schools will be surprise by the a use of power of the new social worker .she acted after 8 pm on Friday evening .
What can I expect now ?
I was due to start an agreement with the same local authority for special needs residential settings under section 20(4) . With the lack of transparency and not a good practice I think the relation is already broken . The new social worker seen us on 25/06/20 , she is in charge of our case after the previous one have been removed as responsible for lack of service ,support and communication before and after our crisis due the negative change in my sins behaviuor .
Is a very long story . I will appreciate your advice how to proceed any further ,what I can expect for a service I don't trust is there to help us from next week . The only help they will offer us is section 20 and she keeps mentioning she can look for a placement . Is not what I want
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
She didn't involved school ,professionals .class teachers 'head teacher ,she acted at 8 pm on Friday evening . The school safe guarding mentioned I,m a good mom and looking after him . Anyone supporting us or knowing us will be in shock. Social services are trying to put him in placement or to give us help only if I sign section 20 (4),
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Due the side effects from medication ( prescribed by neuroscience hospital Evelina ) he had barely1 meal for 2 weeks in the end of May . He's off meds now but remain difficult the second meal of the day . If he's stomach is rumbling and he will go hungry she will blame me of neglect . I will not feed him at home or feeding with witnesses . Every single scratch he will arrive from school or respite will be put on me .how I can keep accurate body maps and records . We never had a body map in 14 years . Thank you
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I can wait untill 3.30pm tomorrow will if that's alright. Thank you
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Social services booked hospital assessment without seeing the kid. There is no concern from the school email and was send at 4pm after phoneconvetsation with me, basically she waited for the end of the day because was no reason of concern. The safeguarding procedures requesting to inform the soc worker. Soc worker didn't consult with school or professionals knowing us, and the soc worker was allocated to us only 2weeks ago,
Expert:  plclegal replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is*****’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

What do you want the outcome to be as things stand? What would you be happy with?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I want to complain for abuse of power of the service and change of social care worker immediately. I need to prevent any possible negative effects on my son because now she will follow for neglect if he will be left without food in 24h. Is broken trust with the service and not a good practice. She mentioned a placement to help him in distress when he was in meds side effects on 1st June. Her decision was based on her sole judgement not involving professionals knowing me or my son in years. We never had a body map or concerns regarding selguarding in 14years. We are in crisis since aug 2019 due the lack of support. Thank you
Expert:  plclegal replied 17 days ago.

I understand. Do you have a working relationship with someone more senior at the local authority - such as a team leader, head of provision or similar? What level of involvement did they have prior to this, CIN or CP for example?

Expert:  plclegal replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I didn't hear form you. Do you have a working relationship with someone more senior at the local authority - such as a team leader, head of provision or similar? What level of involvement did they have prior to this, CIN or CP for example?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
An emergency cun review is booked on 1st July in order to agree with placement of 52weeks residential for my son. I don't have any relation with local authority.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The responsible person from their services has been removed by the end of May due crisis for us and no support
Expert:  plclegal replied 17 days ago.

OK, thanks for confirming and I'm sorry that you are going through this. I take it you do not agree to a 52 week residential placement and want to keep your son at home? Has this placement review been organised on the basis of this new social worker's views having not worked with you directly yet? My view is that obviously you don't have to agree and the LA are going to have to prove their case and that the placement would be in the best interests of your son's welfare to a court to force the move if you don't agree. I'm not certain there's enough evidence to meet the court threshold for an interim care order to force this without your agreement, personally. What would you like to happen on 1 July?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I will click for a call tomorrow if that's OK. Is such a long story. Thank you
Expert:  plclegal replied 16 days ago.

Of course. I will be available from around 10.15 am onwards until lunchtime. Kind regards, Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 16 days ago.

Hello - the system has notified me of your call request this afternoon but I had a limited time window this morning I'm afraid.

The call request is open to all of my colleagues though so I'm sure someone will pick it up for you. I'll opt out for one of them to assist you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have submitted all the information for a solicitor requesting if I can call as he was available today after 10sn. Now you telling me I have to start all over with a new one
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
There is no response or contact in the last 24 hours.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 14 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find continuing a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Well I have to delete the account by tomorrow. I didn't received a single email just few msgs in here and I'm waiting in the last 3days