How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask C.Cornel Your Own Question
C.Cornel, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1086
Experience:  Senior Lawyer at Legal Group
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
C.Cornel is online now

My husband and I are splitting up. He refuses to leave the

Customer Question

Hi there, my husband and I are splitting up. He refuses to leave the marital home and its causing massive stress and unpleasantness to me and my two young daughters. How do I obtain and occupational order? He will do anything to make this process as hurtfull as possible and will not put our daughters feeling before his need to hurt me. I wanted to come to a settlement amicably but he has made it clear he will obstuct this process at every step.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No I havnt, I spoke to a lawer around 18 months ago but didnt take it any further. My husband has a major gambling habit and in the last 8 weeks has lost over £30,000. He does not acknowledge the stress and pain this causes me and says its only money
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Glasgow, Scotland. Do i need to instruct a solicitor to do this?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats about the jist of it
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  C.Cornel replied 10 days ago.


Based on the circumstances of your case, it would be advisable to retain either a law firm or a solicitor to handle the matter on your behalf.

It might be possible to resolve the dispute by sending a formal legal notice, called a pre-litigation legal demand letter.

Thank you.