How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36470
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Jim. Would you e able to advise on a none molestation order

This answer was rated:

Hi Jim.
Would you e able to advise on a none molestation order (without notice)?

Hi, i'm unavailable for a call i'm afraid (re: your other question), so I will therefore opt out to let another expert assist you with your question going forwards. Please do not reply to this message as the question will stay with me and there will be a delay with the reallocation.

Many thanks.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Understood, many thanks

What’s the question

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Good evening Thomas,
I was served a Non Molestation order (without notice) I'd like some assistance.
1)can I ask for the case to be dropped before the date
2)how will I present evidence & counter the allegations?

Let me see if I can help and please rate five stars.

1. The court will not drop the case unless and until it hears the case and or the other person drops the case.

2. The court will at the return date (next hearing) allow you to file and serve your evidence by way of a statement. You can only make counter allegations if you make your own application for a non molestation order. I hope this helps and please rate five stars

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you, I understand point 1) cleared up
Point 2) the allegations made again me you say I can answer to claim they are not true, I should be able to present evidence that they are not true to make my case?Counter evidence of offences I cannot put in unless I make own claim...will that be a separate case or in conjunction with the ongoing case?It would be better for me to put both together. Please advise further.

As to 2. you can file any evidence which you consider necessary to show that you have not caused the harm that they allege. You can make your own application and invite the court (which they usually would) to consolidate the two claims together. I hope this helps and please rate 5 stars

Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36470
Experience: Over twenty-five years experience
Thomas Judge and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Many Thanks, ***** ***** you answered my question, with a clear answer, 5 stars & a tip ..have a nice day.