plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I have recently been informed that I may be the father of an

I have recently been informed that I may be the father of an 18 year old child and am awaiting the results of a dna test. The child was brought up for 14 years by a step father but what as believed to be her father is now in doubt? Should the result confirm that I am the father would I now be persued for CSA payments for the past 18 years?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Not as yet I have only been informed of this by message and are waiting for them to send me the DNA kit?
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: We are not going down the court route if the test is positive then we will take it from there I just wanted to know if iwill be liable for the CSA payments?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Hello, my name is*****’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

The CMS (previously CSA) don't backdate payment claims. So as far as they are concerned there would be no claim.

I hope this assists?

If you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

I will remain available for any follow-up questions, should you have them.

plclegal, Barrister
Experience: Barrister at law