Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I have a family member that owes me a large amount of money

I have a family member that owes me a large amount of money and will not pay but it goes back to 10 years as being a family member promises was made but not really got achieved. Is it too late to do anything about it now?

Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today.

6 years is the limitation period within which the claim for unpaid debt can be started.

The 6 years clock starts when such payment gets due.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

&

If that answers your question, Kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
In one of the cases it is less than six years. 3 debts in total.

That 3 years debt is not time barred, can be claimed back by starting a court claim

Does that answers your query?