How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 666
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I have a family member that owes me a large amount of money

This answer was rated:

I have a family member that owes me a large amount of money and will not pay but it goes back to 10 years as being a family member promises was made but not really got achieved. Is it too late to do anything about it now?

Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today.

6 years is the limitation period within which the claim for unpaid debt can be started.

The 6 years clock starts when such payment gets due.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.


If that answers your question, Kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
In one of the cases it is less than six years. 3 debts in total.

That 3 years debt is not time barred, can be claimed back by starting a court claim

Does that answers your query?

Vineet S and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you