Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I'd like to know where i stand; my husband is verbally

hi, i'd like to know where i stand; my husband is verbally abusive when he has had a drink, about 18 months ago he was in hospital due to his drinking. he' sorry, put me through hell and back due to his drinking i've put up with it for many years, in one way or form, he's refusing to leave. the house s in both our names. he won't be able to afford it...
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: North wales
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: legally nothing, i've asked him to leave more then once
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I slept in the spare room last night because of his verbal diarrhoea - again i'm at wits end, i don;t know what to do
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I've been waiting a while, just wondering where everything is at please? would you like any more information?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
30/06/2020 01:19hi, i'd like to know where i stand; my husband is verbally abusive when he has had a drink, about 18 months ago he was in hospital due to his drinking. he' sorry, put me through hell and back due to his drinking i've put up with it for many years, in one way or form, he's refusing toleave. the house s in both our names. he won't be able to afford it...
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: North wales
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: legally nothing, i've asked him to leave more then once
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I slept in the spare room last night because of his verbal diarrhoea - again i'm at wits end, i don't know what to do

Hi thank you for your message, you can get an occupation order which means you can stay in the property and a non-molestation order which means your husband will not be able to contact you or harass you. In order to bring a claim you should contact the freephone, 24-hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline 0808 2000 247 and they will help you to make the application. You can then look to get a divorce if you wish.

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.