How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1767
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

I sent a question through earlier, at about 1.16...has it

This answer was rated:

i sent a question through earlier, at about 1.16...has it been received?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no, i'm at a lost what to do and where to go, his behaviour is breaking me
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: i'm in mold north wales
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: shall i copy the question i sent through earlier for you?

Hello if you could copy the question from earlier then I will see if I can assist. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Sorry, i lost the link on the computer, I have re-post the question, can you see it?

If you could copy and paste to here then I will get it directly (my screen is different from yours). Many thanks.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I would like to know what/ where I stand legally, my husband is verbally abusive and vile to me after he's had a drink, about 18 months ago he was in hospital due to his drinking, he's put me through hell and back and I've put up with it for 5+ year's, in one way or another, he's refusing to leave, the house is in both our names, but he can't afford it by him self, I'm in North Wales, I'm at a loss
Slept in the spare room again last night due to his verbal diarrhea
He never remembers anything
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
ai can't talk at the moment t he's here unfortunately

You can ignore the phone cal request as it is automatically generated by the website. I will just write up my response now, I would be obliged if you could rate my response once I have written it up for you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No worries
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Let me know if you would like any further information, it's a very brief description I've given

Firstly, if you feel that you are in any danger then you should contact the police immediately. However, if you are wanting to do something about the harassment then you will want to look at instructing a solicitor (I will provide a useful link for you). The solicitor will make an application under the Right to Protection from Harassment Act to get what is known as a non-harassment order. This means that you husband will be orders by the court to stay away from you and the house (and potentially any children involved). it will make no difference whether he owns the house in full or in part, he will, by law, not be allowed in it. Once you have this in place then you will have time to consider how you wish to move forward. Don't worry about the ownership of the house as this does not affect any of your rights to enforce these laws. Also if you take the decision to look at separation or divorce then the lawyers can help sort the house out. IF/when the order is granted he cannot say it is his house he has a right to be there, that is wrong, by law he has had this write taken away for the time being.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks


Ross Miller and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you