How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5399
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

Can one get divorce with legal aid where the wife has been

This answer was rated:

Can one get divorce with legal aid where the wife has been reported to the police for physical and verbal abuse
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: Not yet but there is an extensive police file about her abuse
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does she live in?
Customer: She is in Bootle Liverpool but husband in Dover after running away for safety
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Hoping for legal aid which I know is not usually available for divorce

Yes if you have been subject to domestic violence you can get legal aid.

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Jeremy Aldermartin and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you