Aaron D
Aaron D, Barrister
Experience:  LLB, BPTC
108775951

Do you handle personal injury claims??? The incident

Do you handle personal injury claims???
JA: In what state did the injury take place? And do you have medical records or other documentation?
Customer: The incident happened in Wembley, London. Yes - I have medical documentation
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: I must say first of all that what happened to me was in 2018. I am looking for a law firm that has a claim criteria that covers this span of time please.....
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My original choice of representation greatly delayed my window of time by “forgetting “ to let me know that they decided to drop the claim after 18 months.

Hello, thank you for your question. My name is***** am a barrister and will assist you with this issue today.

Please be aware that this is an e-mail service rather than a live chat. Sometimes there will be some delay between responses but I will try to reply as soon as possible.

I'm afraid we can't take the case on for you as JustAnswer isn't a law form it is just a Q&A facility.

I can tell you that with the accident being in 2018 you aren't out of time to make a claim, you generally have 3 years to bring such claims from the date of the accident.

You can find a new solicitor here: http://https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. Just look for a personal injury solicitor. Many will work on a "no win no fee" basis.

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

I will remain available for any follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank You Aaron
Is there any way that I can find out a law firm’s CLAIM CRITERIA quickly and easily please??
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry but I prefer to have this conversation via text please (for my records). I hope u don’t mind....?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Any firms you can recommend?? I have searched over 12 to date + things are getting stressful.

Yes don't worry, that is just an automated message, ignore it.

In terms of their claims criteria, I presume you mean their criteria for accepting cases on a no win no fee basis? I'm afraid there is no central database for such matters. Each firm of solicitors will have their own criteria which is usually private to them.

What type of claim is it? Road traffic, medical negligence etc.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am looking to launch a personal injury claim. I was in IKEA when a Flat-pack wardrobe fell on me.

Ok so that is occupier's liability. These are a little more risky/ tricky which is why you might be struggling to get a solicitor to act for you.

I have dealt with some of these types of claims with a firm called Norrie Waite and Slater, they are based in Sheffield but that doesn't necessarily matter. You could contact them. https://www.norriewaite.co.uk/.

Try specifically googling for occupiers liability no win no fee: https://www.google.com/search?q=no+win+no+fee+occupiers+liability&oq=no+win+no+fee+occupiers+liability&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.8527j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Does what happened to me come under anything else other than personal injury? Complacency? What about Neglect?

No it's personal injury but there are lots of areas within personal injury. This is occupiers liability/ general negligence.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Question: Why is it that (after IKEA denied liability straight away and my original firm chose not to follow up) no other legal company would touch it even though they (the original firm admitted in the end ) that they “dropped the ball”??The claim didn’t even reach “Phase 1”???Is there some unwritten rule I was supposed to have known about????Am I black-balled as a result of this?????

I don't know why they dropped your case, you'd have to ask them for details. It may be that new firms are worried about why you were dropped if you are telling them you had previous solicitors. Common reasons why a firm might "drop" a client is if they have lied about the circumstances or if they aren't replying to correspondence.

If the original firm made a mistake and this has prejudiced your claim in some way you can look to bring a claim against the solicitors for professional negligence.

Without more information about why they ended the realtionship with you.

Sorry I meant to say without more information about why they ended the relationship with you I can't really assist a lot further.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The funny thing that not only was the CCTV turned off at that particular time in that particular area but I was able to provide proof that the photos IKEA sent (to state that they had the right signage up) were taken from a different store all together.Not happy. :-(
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am in the process of contacting the Legal Ombusman now about the Law Firm in question....

Yes it's worth a try. Like I say if they have prejudiced your claim you may be able to sue the solicitors.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you Aaron D:-)