How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARCUS Malin Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2499
Experience:  Consultant Solicitor at Setfords
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MARCUS Malin is online now

Do I need a court order of separation, or divorce

This answer was rated:

Do I need a court order of separation, or divorce certificate when starting to remortgage the house, as in me buying my husband's half and taking him out of the mortgage?
Many thanks.

Hello, my name is Marcus.

Not at all. It is possible to implement an agreement despite having no court order / divorce in place.

Thank you.

MARCUS Malin and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you