How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

When local authorities do a section 37 report in respect of

This answer was rated:

When local authorities do a section 37 report in respect of childrens’ proceedings , is it normal practice to run it through their legal departments
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: in the uk its a local authority doing the report
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: Both parents spoken to , children spoken to .
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you , just that

Hello and thank you for the question.

It's not necessarily normal practice to do this, but I can see why it may be helpful to the author of the report, particularly if the concerns raised are such that the LA is considering care or supervision proceedings.

I hope this assists.

If you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

I will remain available for any follow-up questions, should you have them.

plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you