plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I have serious safeguarding issues involving my little boy.

I have serious safeguarding issues involving my little boy . His mum was arrested this morning and has been released without charge . She has serious mental health issue and is not in the right frame of mind to look after our son , it’s her week to have him on the court order .. but I am not giving him back
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No I cannot afford anymore time with a solicitor , Iv spent all my lives savings of 8,5K on previous court and solicitor fees
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Rang cafcass , social services , but both we’re really not that help ful
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I know you won’t be able to rush but the mother of my son is on his way over within the hour to take him back

Hello, my name is*****’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

If you have serious concerns and can back these up, then you have grounds to disobey the order and withhold contact.

If you are concerned that the mother is a risk to your child, and may try to take them from you, then make an application for an emergency prohibited steps order to prevent your child being removed from your care. This would trigger the process of the court looking at the current order again too, which you can make representations to the court about changing if you feel the current order is not workable or safe.

The form to do this is the c100:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-c100-application-under-the-children-act-1989-for-a-child-arrangements-prohibited-steps-specific-issue-section-8-order-or-to-vary-or-discharge

You need to file in your local family court and if you want an urgent hearing you'll have to contact them by telephone and email an application in this morning. The hearing will be by telephone.

I hope this helps.

If you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

I will remain available for any follow-up questions, should you have them.