Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Is there a charge to ask you some questions, ok, no. We live

Customer Question

Hi there, is there a charge to ask you some questions
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: ok
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: no. We live in the US. Both of us have a green card. Plan is to move back to the U.K. we have 1 child who is 8. How is the financial part of the divorce handled?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is it better to get the divorce in Florida or U.K. we are quite amicable but I want to be careful about the financial part as I am the money maker of the family
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 20 days ago.

The general position is this that any assets acquired during the marriage are split 50/50 in addition, the family home will generally be split 50/50. Any non resident parent will also be expected to give child maintenance payments to the resident parent if custody is not shared. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.