How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 8776
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

Is there a charge to ask you some questions, ok, no. We live

Customer Question

Hi there, is there a charge to ask you some questions
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: ok
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: no. We live in the US. Both of us have a green card. Plan is to move back to the U.K. we have 1 child who is 8. How is the financial part of the divorce handled?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is it better to get the divorce in Florida or U.K. we are quite amicable but I want to be careful about the financial part as I am the money maker of the family
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 12 months ago.

The general position is this that any assets acquired during the marriage are split 50/50 in addition, the family home will generally be split 50/50. Any non resident parent will also be expected to give child maintenance payments to the resident parent if custody is not shared. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.