How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5187
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

One more question regarding finance. If I have a car on

This answer was rated:

Hi James,
One more question regarding finance.
If I have a car on finance, is it possible for the car be given to the other party while I carry on paying the finance?.

Normally not a problem, but you would have to check with the finance company, because they may still have a claim to the car. It would depend on the type of agreement you have for the finance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean yes my car on finance can be given to my wife for instance and I will be expected to carry on paying for it?

If the finance is in your name, you are legally liable for that finance no matter what happens to the car.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry with JustAnswer.

Can I assist further?

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.

james bruce and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you