james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

One more question regarding finance. If I have a car on

Hi James,
One more question regarding finance.
If I have a car on finance, is it possible for the car be given to the other party while I carry on paying the finance?.

Normally not a problem, but you would have to check with the finance company, because they may still have a claim to the car. It would depend on the type of agreement you have for the finance.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Do you mean yes my car on finance can be given to my wife for instance and I will be expected to carry on paying for it?

If the finance is in your name, you are legally liable for that finance no matter what happens to the car.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry with JustAnswer.

Can I assist further?

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.