How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2612
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

Im polish and my partner is Iranian and also hold british

Customer Question

Hello, im polish and my partner is Iranian and also hold british citizen passport. I have settled status in Uk. We have a baby and we are not married. I need to decide ab babay surname and my question is Is it better to babay has mother surname untill not married or after father. If babay wil have surname after father and i as a mother will i have deferent will that be problem to mi travel with my babay. Other thing is if partner can travel with baby to Iran?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: LONDON
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 18 days ago.

Hi How can I help

I will read your question and respond

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 18 days ago.

You must get the permission of everyone with parental responsibility for a child or from a court before taking the child abroad.

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 18 days ago.

You automatically have parental responsibility if you’re the child’s mother, but you still need the permission of anyone else with parental responsibility before you take the child abroad.

You can take a child abroad for 28 days without getting permission if a child arrangement order says the child must live with you, unless a court order says you can’t.

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 18 days ago.

In terms of the surname, this is really a decision between the biological parents. You could have the child's surname representing each other's

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for your question

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 18 days ago.

Before you go,

I would be grateful if you will give me a positive rating by clicking on the above stars and press submit. I would appreciate it

The purpose of the rating is to assist others and continue to provide a high level of service on Justanswer. This is also how we are credited for our time on JA.