SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I received divorce forms from the the father of of my

Customer Question

Hi I received divorce forms from the the father of of my children. He wants to apply for a financial order for himself. What does that mean
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: None I received them on Wednesday
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I know it but I wanted to know what it means to agree or not to agree. They want the response in 7 days. I live in swindon Wiltshire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's my main concerns.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I'm Lea

Do you mean he has ticked the relevant box on the divorce petition for a financial settlement?

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

What it means is that he has ticked the box on the petition to say that he'd like to get a financial order in place. This could be for a clean break order, or to ask for spousal maintenance. You won't know until the application is made.

This is standard practice when completing a divorce petition - it allows him to decide to make an application during the divorce proceedings, or at some random point in the future.