How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3102
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

My partner’s child (daughter of 9 years ), was yesterday

Customer Question

My partner’s child (daughter of 9 years ), was yesterday visiting her father for an overnight stay. This was prearranged. My partner was informed by her sister that on Instagram a video appeared with the child in her underwear. My partner immediately texted her ex to be told that he had been to court and the daughter was not coming back ever. My partner contacted the police who confirmed the court order however she has received nothing. Question is what to do next
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: We understand from the Police yes, but nothing has been received
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: Bradford
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I'm Lea

Can you clarify - the father has kept the child because he discovered that th emother had put a video on Instagram of the child in her underwear?

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 4 days ago.

I would suggest you contact the police and social services.

Next, you should make an application to the court for a prohibited steps order and a specific issues order, the first to stop the mother putting any further images online and the second to order her to take down any inappropriate ones that she has already put onto the internet. You can apply on form C100, cost is £215.

If there was a court order already in place applied for and granted to the father, it would have been served on you. As it has not, one can assume that there is no order. But you can check by contacting the family court closest to you.

If you have clarification questions, do ask.