13262538

What does the Welfare stage of proceeding involve?

Customer Question

Expert:  Clare replied 6 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

Expert:  Clare replied 6 days ago.

Are these care proceedings?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Since last June and the fact finding hearing has only just happened!
Expert:  Clare replied 6 days ago.

Once the facts have been decided then the matter moves on to deciding what the long term arrangements will be - v=be it return home; kinship care; foster care or adoption.

Expert:  Clare replied 6 days ago.

Some work will have already been done relating to this - but now is when it starts to turn into definite plans

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The baby concerned is my granddaughter, she was only 2 months old when put under s20 kinship care with my sister in law, last June. Surely the parents will be given the opportunity, maybe under social services supervision, to show they can safely now take care of the baby?
Expert:  Clare replied 6 days ago.

That will depend on the outcome of the fact finding