Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

My daughter had a social worker because she has autism and

Customer Question

Hi my daughter had a social worker because she has autism and additional needs. We’ve always had a great working relationship and she’s been a great sounding board when things with school have been difficult. last wk she decided to tell the school some of the things I’ve said about them this has caused a real problem
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: no she just told the head I’ve been very negative about him which has made working with him difficult
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does she live in?
Customer: I feel it was very unprofessional of her but not sure what I can do
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Warwickshire
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 11 days ago.

Let me see if I can help. If you are upset with the social worker the first thing to do is actually speak to them and explain your concerns. If this does not work then I am aware that Warwickshire has a complaints process so you can complain to their manager.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I sent her an email saying I was sorry if any of our conversations had put her in an awkward position but I thought they were confidential etc and she hasn’t responded.
Her actions have caused the head to be very unpleasant to me and I’m worried about the impact on my daughter

I would escalate the matter to her manager then.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Should she have kept things concidentialv

Yes unless she considered it a child welfare issue

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Confidential
Customer: replied 11 days ago.

ok

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This was the email I sentHi
Apologies for cutting out conversation short last Friday I was with friends and my diabetic friend had a funny turn.
As I’m sure you were aware I found the conversation very upsetting, I was very confused by the content and what it was you felt I wasn’t taking seriously?
Our conversation only became clear after a call I received last night from Mr Johnson where he informed me you had repeated to him conversations I thought had been said to you in confidence.
I apologise if conversations we’ve had have put you in a compromising situation but I thought I was able to vent to you confidentially.
The conversation with johnson last night was witnessed by 2 friends, his voice was raised enough for them to hear him clearly.
His approach was unprofessional abrupt rude and very aggressive.
4 times he suggested I might like to look at other schools and every time I tried to answer he barked ‘let me finish’ and ‘do not interrupt me’.
It’s not easy bringing up 2 children with additional needs and your support has been greatly appreciated.
I would really appreciate some clarification on what I can freely share with you without fear of reprisal.

Thats perfectly reasonable.