How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6366
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

My ex partner is threatening me with going to court and

This answer was rated:

My ex partner is threatening me with going to court and taking my 5yr old daughter away or getting joint custody. He has had her for last 4 days and I have to pick her up at 4pm and am expecting trouble . He has already phoned and got her to say she doesn't want to come back home. Please I am desperate for help and don't know what to do as I am Romanian and have no family or friends here
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: Nothing so far he gets to see her whenever he wants and collects her from school sometimes. But things are getting out of hand and won't pay child support hes even still collecting child benefit
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: We live in Inverness and I have no money to get solicitors
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: When he comes to my flat he shouts at me and I am really worried about picking her up at 4 yoday
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Do you have a court order currently for the care of your daughter?
Jeremy Aldermartin and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No I don't I am on universal credit and cant afford anything