SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

UK LAW, Need legal advice about divorce, if annulment is a

UK LAW, Need legal advice about divorce, if annulment is a Possibility and if my buy2let properties Purchased before marriage will be classified as pre marital assists and excluded from post marital assets

Hi, I'm Lea

How long have you been married?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Since 2014 July

Any children of the marriage?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No children
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
We never consummated, hence my mention of annulment

If the marriage has never been consummated you may be able to have it annulled on the basis that the marriage is voidable. If a marriage is annulled the effect is that it never happened.

If you divorce, on the other hand, then any property or assets accrued during the marriage will be part of the marital pot available to be shared on either one of you applying for a financial settlement.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No assets acquired during marriage, we don’t have have a marital home either as renting together
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No savings
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have 4 rental properties purchased before marriage

If you divorce, the marital assets (the court will decide on which percentage of your properties counts if the two of you cannot agree together) will be shared.