ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

If my 12 month contract (TV licence) has not started on time

If my 12 month contract (TV licence) has not started on time eg from 1st Aug with reasons beyond my control would they be allowed to back date it thank you pg
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have not taken any steps. What I would like to apply for a new one at the post office from start of September. On the back of my expired licence what expired on end of July it was stated that they would write to me before this licence expired, up to today, still no letter, furthermore I am being told not to pay for my licence until l get this. Is there an y reason why I can not get, anew one from September rather than renew the expired, what would start backdated to start of Aug thank you
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Peterborough cambs
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you very much

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to help.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How much would it cost
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Not at the moment thank you

Kindly give me a minute I am typing a response to you.

Thanks for your patience.

The difficulty you will have is that in order to avoid being liable to pay TV licence you would have had to contact them and notify them that you perhaps were not living at the property and or was not using a tv for the months. Having failed to do this, you would be considered as having a tv which you were operating without the required licence. You would therefore still be required to pay.

Hope this helps. All the best. RL

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I watched no live TV during Aug as we had the nice weather apart from watching a few dvd, s last thing and trom a lot of reports you only need a licence for seeing or recording live events when there was none, thank you

Unfortunately this does not matter.