Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

My mother and grand mother died i was supposed to get $ from

My mother and grand mother died i was supposed to get $ from life insurance policy my mom claimed that she had and my granny had a small amount of wealth house, money, belongings maybe she left something. How could I find out because I've been alone and away from the other family. I think they would keep it and I would never find out. What can I do?
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm have you spoken to anyone else about this matter?
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
nobody but this means in general or from a site like this also they died in 2015-2016

Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. There will be Trustees that have been appointed to ensure the the funds are correctly distributed. If you know who the trustees are you can contact them directly. If you know who the policy is with you can contact them to let them know about your concerns and they may look into this further. I hope this helps. I wish you all the best in this matter. I would appreciate if you can please give me a five star rating for answering your question. All the best.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I don't know either so what do I do?

Hi, thank you for your message. You will need this information in order to know if you are a beneficiary. If there is a will in place I would advise that you search the probate registry to see if they may have set it out in their wills. You can find the probate registry here: https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate. As a last resort you will need to ask your family members directly and hope they tell you.

I hope this helps. I wish you all the best in this matter. I would appreciate if you can please give me a five star rating for answering your question. All the best.