How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1982
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

Divorce / annulment

This answer was rated:

divorce / annulment

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance

What exactly would you like to know about this?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
hi, i been reading up on divorce law, and notices the terms under which annulment may be excepted, we dated for 2 years and been married for 5 years, we never consummated the marriage, first 5 years she refused on religious grounds, she did not accept civil marriage as legit, and refused to consummate, she forced me to compromise and accept a religions marriage (her religion, not mine) and i had to convert to her religion also, after all this time i lost complete interest and last 1/2 years ive not been able to consummate, nor am i interested to do so, now i cant even if i wanted to try. would this be good ground for annulment

Kindly give me a minute to type a response

Thank you for your patience.

Based on what you have described you could petition to end the marriage for the reasons stated by you. A basis for an annulment is if a marriage has not been consummated , meaning you have not had sexual intercourse with the person you married since the wedding. So, the simple answer is yes you may do.

All the best. Happy I was able to help. RL

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
also can premarital assets such as buy2let property be excluded from asset shearing in divorce? she has never contributed towards any of the assets. nor have i used funds from the buy2let property to purchase a matrimonial home, they have always been separate.

If it is that the marriage is declared void, you may argue that the property should not be considered to be matrimonial property.

ReadyLaw and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you