How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7045
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I have a problem if you can help me😭, No, Oxfordshire, the

Customer Question

I have a problem if you can help me😭
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Oxfordshire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the advice for my brother
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My brother divorced his wife because she cheated on him and he have photos. He told her that he will keep the children with him 4y & 2 y. She agreed for that and agreed to sign for that. At the morning she changed her mind and called the police telling that he threatened her and the kids not safe with him. The police came to my house talk to him and asked him if he can let the 2y to see his mum. He said he doesn’t mind but she needs to sign that she will bring him tomorrow. She refused and they said we don’t see any problem for the kids to stay with you and if she asked to see the kids go to public place and record it. He went to collect his daughter and the police arrested him I don’t know what happened they just called me now. What should I do. Thanks
Expert:  plclegal replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today and I’m sorry that you are going through this.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I'm reviewing your question and will revert back to you shortly. Please do not wait on line for a response, you will receive an email notification from JustAnswer to tell you that I have sent a reply.

Expert:  plclegal replied 16 days ago.

It sounds like this is a mess.

Are the children going to be at risk of harm in the mother's care? Or is this really just now a dispute between who should look after the children for the time being?

It sounds like his ex has made allegations in order to try and discredit him, which is obviously not a very pleasant situation.

Hopefully the police will see this for what it is, and release him with no charge and no further action.

If that isn't the case, they may put in place bail conditions which could impact on his ability to care for the children, which is perhaps exactly what his ex has done this for.

As far as the family law side of things goes, unless there is a court order or bail condition in place to state otherwise, both parents have equal rights to care for their children. If they cannot resolve this amicably then the case will have to go through mediation (if appropriate) and then to the family court.

Is there anything specific I can clarify about this or assist further with at this stage?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I need someone to call the police to know why he is Been arrested?
Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

That's not something I can do for you here, we just offer online advice.

You could call the police station yourself, or look to appoint a lawyer locally to enquire.

I'm sorry I cannot intervene directly, it's not possible to do that via an online forum. Thank you.

Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter