How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35951
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Im currently in a family court for axcess to see my son the

Customer Question

Hello im currently in a family court for axcess to see my son the court ordered my ex partner to encourage my son to respond to the letters so i can have a skype call this friday but know i dont know if she will encourge this what do i do
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: Yeah we both agreed to 30 mins through court to have skype every friday untill the review and gor me to send a letter every week i have sent one every week he responded to the first one now she said she encourged him but i dont believe it
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: It started at hereford then went to worcester court herefordshire the County
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My son has been diognased with selective mutism and anxiety he is going to be 8 my ex has just had a baby with her new partner which he is not aloud on skype as he makes horrible remarks in front of my son
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 12 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

Expert:  Clare replied 12 days ago.

When is the next hearing?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
13th of november she is claimig legal aid, i am doing it by myself as i couldnt afford it,
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Icant afford 44 pound for a call sorry
Expert:  Clare replied 12 days ago.

I am sorry about the site popups - I wish I could stop them!

Soyour fust Skype call is due this week - are you concerned that it will not happen?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am concerned it wont happen as she was ment to encourge my son to reply to my letters the first one she sent me via email when it was ment to be sent in the post. Then the rest she said she read them to him but did not want to reply but she has jusr had a baby this week so surely to encourge him she will need to spend a little mpre time but im ment to be having skype friday at 5 up to 30 mins for couple of weeks untill the 13 then its getting reviewed but caffcass said in there statement that if lwtters and skype dont work they need to aprouch with contact instead as diffrent scenarios are diffrent. She has legal aid as she accused me of all sorts and her partner is not allowed to be on the skype as he was saying i was worthless and a waste of time to him and they threatened me also he threatened to kill me and she did but it was classed as domestic thats all.. So now i gotta wait to see if the Skype call will happen if not i got to send a letter then try every friday im not allowed to ring im not alloweed to aee him its so crap while she doesnt give 2 craps about as she has had a new child and me seeing my son or her encourageing him she wont do
Expert:  Clare replied 12 days ago.

As you have said all you can do is make the call and see what happens.

I personally find the idea of ordering some one to "encourage a response" to be a somewhat useless idea as it is impossible to prove one way or another!

Keep sending the letters and making the calls and keep copies of the letters and details of the calls as you will need then for the next hearing.

Do make proper plans for the call and have ideas how to keep it going even if your son is mute

As CAFCASS have said if this fails they will have to organise some face to face contact sooner rather than later

I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My ex e mailed me saying that she received the 3 letter to if which he didn't want to reply and she encouraged i dont have his email for skype she has mine si i cant even ring she needa to ring for him so i will be stuck but when contact stoped last year the inttail process i spoke to my son for hours each day then it was stopped by court which now its on its 10th month without hearing from me i gotta do my statement near to the hearing and its going to be nothing on there as i will have no response due to her not encouraging him many thamks your a massive help so far
Expert:  Clare replied 12 days ago.

Stay strong and calm - you are clearly working through the syatem well