SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I want a divorce and I don’t know the process for it.

Customer Question

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 9 days ago.

Good evening to you, I'm Lea and I am going to assist you today.

Getting a divorce is relatively straightforward if you meet the criteria. You can petition on form D8, or online - I will link to both below. The cost whether you apply on paper or online is £550, unless you are on a low income/benefits in which case you may be entitled to fee remission and should complete form EX160.

FOrm D8: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/866625/d8-eng.pdf

Online application: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-divorce

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is: 0808(###) ###-####/li>
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok, thanks for the link
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What happens if children are involved and financial implications?
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 9 days ago.

Children matters can be agreed between you, with the help of mediators, and if no joy with either of those options, either one of you can apply to court for a child arrangements order on form C100 - cost £215.

Finances, again you can agree things between you or with the help of a mediator, and failing that can make an application to the court to decide, once the decree nisi has been granted. It is always best to get the finances resolved before the decree absolute is pronounced. Finance applications are made on form A.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 9 days ago.

You're very welcome.

Have a nice evening.