How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARCUS Malin Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2630
Experience:  Consultant Solicitor at Setfords
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MARCUS Malin is online now

I have prohibited step order for my 13yrs old year ago

Customer Question

I have prohibited step order for my 13yrs old year ago against my husband what shall I do if want to get back together
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: He has applied for child arranged order but realised he has changed and want to be together
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Live in England
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just wanted to know what do I have to do to get back together and prohibited step to be finished
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
In recent hearing says in about prohibited steps orders only judge or court can finish the orders has cafcass assessment in November before December hearing just wondering would I be able to apply in court if I want to get back to him bcose was domestic abuse case as well
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Please wanted to know where do I stand and what shall I do to be together can I email court before my hearing saying want to get back together or wait for hearing if we get back together in that case what happens of prohibited step order bcose my daughter wants things better as well please do let me know waiting
Expert:  MARCUS Malin replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is Marcus.

Your husband should contact the court and say that he wants to withdraw his application.

The court should list the matter for a brief hearing at which they will give permission to withdraw the application and discharge the PSO at the same time.

What court is the matter before.

Thank you.