How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2225
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

I would like to know how can i add the father to the birth

Customer Question

I would like to know how can i add the father to the birth certificate but without given him parental rights
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have just registered the child on my own
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Enfield north london
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The father has not been informed of the child birth but is aware there is a child
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 8 days ago.

Hello I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

I would be greatly appreciative if you could use the 5 stars to rate my advice once I have provided it you.

Thank you

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 8 days ago.

Thank your for your query. I am afraid this is not possible. If the father's name is ***** ***** birth certificate or you were married at the time of birth then they have automatic patronal rights (responsibility). However, if they wish to obtain these without your consent then he may raise a court action and ask the court to grant him parental responsibility even though you were not married nor was his name put on the birth certificate.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be recognised for my response by the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks