13262538

If I am denied contact because I have been accused of

Customer Question

Hi if I am denied contact because I have been accused of domestic violence what can I do
JA: Have domestic abuse charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: I was accused in 2018 but there was no domestic abuse it’s all lies and police didnt have enough evidence to prosecute and I didn’t have enough proof to say that it didn’t happen. I have been waiting for court to go ahead and get a court date I have had a hearing today and the judge orderd my ex partner to write a statement and for me to reply by the 26th of November
JA: Where did the domestic abuse occur?
Customer: there wasn’t any I was only accused
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would just like to know if there was any way the court can deny me any contact at all to my children if the judge believes my ex partner over me
Expert:  Clare replied 8 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

Expert:  Clare replied 8 days ago.

How old are the children and when did you last see them

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My first boy is 4 and my second boy is 2 in December and I last had contact on 18th of January 2019
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I moved my money out of my current account in case it was a scam site could we just type
Expert:  Clare replied 8 days ago.

My apologies for the site popups - please try and ignore them

Your ex has been asked to provide full details of her allegations so that you can reply to them

Once that has happened there will be a hearing and the Court will decide whether her allegations are true or not.

When that is sorted CAFCASS will be asked to prepare a Section & report as to how you can have contact with the children EVEN IF the finding is that you were violent.

Domestic Violence does not mean no contact - just that it has to be organised safely

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need forther details

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Great thank you very much for your help
Expert:  Clare replied 8 days ago.

You are most welcome