How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35933
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am a grandmother of my grandson who is my sons son and my

This answer was rated:

Hi I am a grandmother of my grandson who is my sons son and my so.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: son does not live in the area the mother dumped my grandson on me for nearly 3 mths and he’s only 4 mths old now and as soon as I told her I was going to get his money transferred to me for him as she only wants his money she turned up with police and took him screaming she’s not looking after him properly she don’t feed him or change him don’t bath him and walks the streets with him in this weather going from place to place she was open to social services when I met her and I got the case closed by saying she was looking after him as he tripled in size since the last time he saw him he didn’t even know he was him they closed the case and she then still left him with me and still went partying in London and getting Botox tattoos etc with the baby’s money I’m now terrified about his safety but by law she still has parental responsibility for him and I’m going through solicitor at At the moment but my solicitor said I will have to pay between £1000-£1500 to take this to court now I’m on disability and don’t have much money but I will pay it if I have to I’ve been in touch with social services with all my concerns I have evidence of me having him since the 27th July and she’s trying to say it was only 2 weeks I took loads of pictures of him every single day since he turned up I have all evidence of her going out spending all the baby’s money as everyone’s sent me screenshot of wot she does etc all the time luv every message since the day we met I have so much evidence that she don’t want the baby jut his money it’s as if social services are not doing there job I have letters from my landlady saying he’s on my tenancy agreement I have a copy of that and I was just sent pictures of him 7 days ago and his face is all withdrawn and his eyes are poking out he looks ill and I’m so scared for his safety and also his god parents are as well as do have lots of evidence as before I had my grandson they did so she’s never looked after him apart from the first 2 weeks when he was born then the novelty wore off and she even took all his pictures off her Facebook and she just takes all my pictures now from my Facebook page and puts them on hers pretending she’s took them I want this to go to family court but don’t know how to do it my head is all over the place m not taking it very well I have spent over £1000 on all his stuff as he had nothing I still have it all here now plus she went behind my sons back and got his birth certificate without my sons name on it but now my son is back here can he get it put on there now I need this taken seriously as i really don’t know wot else to do thank you for your help and time Debbie my mum my number is ***** if u need to call me thank you
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Margate, Kent and the mother lives in Dover Kent
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have all the evidence that I have had my grandson since the 27th of July everything I just need help please thank you again
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
This is him now his eyes are poking out and his cheeks look so skinny
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
His is him when he was with me
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
With me
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It said 8 min wait it’s been nearly half hour sorry I’m just going mad here not knowing what to do my phone number is ***** if it’s easier for you thank you for your help and sorry again
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
This is the tenancy with Brooklyn on it from the 27th July
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (3L2LP6T)
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (6ZZ7MG2)
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (2MV2GPQ)

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

What is the position with regard to your son?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Well my son wasn’t in Dover when the mother went behind his back to not put his name on the birth certificate but he’s now living in Thanet not Blackpool but she is saying none of us have any right to see him even tho she dumped him on me for nearly three mths and he’s only 4mths old he don’t know her and just now social services have re opened the case due to serious concerns about my grandson in her care as he was fine with me he has a very strong bond with me and the moment I said I was gonna apply for his money as she never gave me anything for him in the whole time he was here I had to but absolutely everything for my grandson, my son don’t know wot his position is due to her doing the birth certificate while he wasn’t there and she told me she did that on purpose so I don’t know wot his rights are or mine and I really don’t know what to do as he’s in danger and neglect with her sorry for this I’m just stuck and feel like I’m going crazy
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Sorry I can’t call you as I don’t have that money till I get paid and my solicitor ants £1000-£1500 for it to go to court I can’t work as I’m disabled and finding it hard as I was bringing up my grandson and all my money was going on him
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I really don’t know what to do
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have so much evidence of her neglecting my grandson as well pictures messages the lot
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hope to hear back from you soon hopefully it’s some sort of good news wot we can do thank you again Debbie

I am sorry about the site popups.

Your son can apply for a Child Arrangement order at any time to obtain Parental Responisbility for and to spend time with his son

He will need to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting with a family mediator, then he can make the application using a Form C100 and paying the fee of £215.

You can also make an application although you will need the permission of the Court to make the applictaion as you are not a parent.

I suggest that you find a mediator and get the meeting overwith and thenmake the application yourself - the ofrm is available on line and if you also use an EX160 you may be able to have a reduction on the fee

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
If I want to go for a residential order for my grandson myself how would I do that would I need to go through a solicitor or can I go straight to the court sorry about this my brain is like scrambled eggs atm thank you

You wil lbe applying for a Child Arrangement Order - see a family mediator then complete a form C100 and an EX160

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi thank you for your help and time I was just wondering how to find a mediator and also how would my son go about getting his name on his sons birth certificate as she did it behind his back and he wants his name on there if u could give me the way to go about it I would very much appreciate it. Again thank you for your help and time. Debbie

Both of you need to see a Mediator - spearately so that you can stay the Court cases

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you