How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36707
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I need to borrow approx £100k. My daughter aged 49 is

Customer Question

I need to borrow approx £100k. My daughter aged 49 is prepared to lend it to me @ 5% per annum. Is this legal? I need a formal loan agreement, and I need to ensure that the loan, in the event of it remaining unrepaid or partly unrepaid, is seen to be outside of my estate should I die.
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 4 days ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. It is perfectly lega and quite common for you to enter into an agreement with your daughter to borrow this money. I would recommend that you contact a high street solicitors who can draft the agreement for you. Both you and your daughter would need to be happy with the terms of the agreement. I am happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 days ago.

My absolute delight

Customer: replied 24 hours ago.
no thank you