Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I need to borrow approx £100k. My daughter aged 49 is

Customer Question

I need to borrow approx £100k. My daughter aged 49 is prepared to lend it to me @ 5% per annum. Is this legal? I need a formal loan agreement, and I need to ensure that the loan, in the event of it remaining unrepaid or partly unrepaid, is seen to be outside of my estate should I die.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 4 days ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. It is perfectly lega and quite common for you to enter into an agreement with your daughter to borrow this money. I would recommend that you contact a high street solicitors who can draft the agreement for you. Both you and your daughter would need to be happy with the terms of the agreement. I am happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 days ago.

My absolute delight

Customer: replied 24 hours ago.
no thank you