SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I need some advice

Hi i need some advice

Good morning to you, I'm Lea and I am going to assist you today.

Can you tell me what you need advice on please?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is: 0808(###) ###-####/li>
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi thanks for your respoce
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Response
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I’m going through a family court as my partners daughters dad has made contact. This has been going on for 2 years. She as received a birthday card by post and she doesn’t want it does she send it back or does that make my partner look negative

How old is your child?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
12 years old

No, she shouldn't throw it away. She is free to ignore it if she doesn't want it.

If there are court proceedings, then it is likely that CAFCASS will recommend a s7 welfare report so that they can speak to your child directly - in which case she will be able to give her views about contact with her father to the CAFCASS officer who will report them back to the court. At 12 her views will be of interest to the court when they make a decision.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks for your reply. We do have a cafcass officer but she as the seen my daughter only the once and I don’t recommend her as she as been against her from the start and as already done a section 7 report. Also indirect contact as been made but my daughter isn’t interested as she as the seen her dad for almost 6 years.

I still don't recommend the child returns the card - it will be seen that the mother is encouraging her to do that. If the child doesn't want the card, she can put it to one side, unopened. There is nothing to force her to open things she is sent.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No problem and thank you

You're very welcome.

All the best.