How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2076
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I have a question I am an eea family permit holder settled

This answer was rated:

Hi I have a question I am an eea family permit holder settled status if I call my wife do I have to meet the threshold of £18600 or not JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship? Customer: Italian JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa? Customer: Not yet JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: No just about threshold. Currently I am in uk have ILR on basis of EEA National  Family member.


I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

This is Readylaw, welcome to Just Answer.

I have been a legal expert on the site for several years and my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. Your satisfaction is my top priority! Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an lawyer-client relationship and it is always in your best interest to retain legal counsel, if you have a current legal matter, that you need help with.

Please allow me a few moments to reply with my initial answer. I am here but need time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

I thank you for your enquiry and your patience.

If you take your non eea family member over you would not be required to meet the income threshold requirements as you would be applying for her to join you under EU rules. She would be required to apply for a permit as a family member of an EU citizen to join you. She must however act quickly as this position is likely to change in December when the UK leaves the EU.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Thanks for your response as I understand that yourv understanding is that I m an EEA National just to clarify that my status is none eu family member of EEA national with settled status.please confirm if your response is still the same.

thanks for coming back to me for clarification. I had misunderstood you, I was of the view that you were an EU citizen. In that case no, you would not be able to bring over your non EU wife via the EU route. You would have to apply on the basis that you have ILR, in which case you would be required to meet the financial requirement.

I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day.

ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2076
Experience: Bar Professional Training Course
ReadyLaw and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you