How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2266
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

My ex husband keeps taking my child back to our old house

This answer was rated:

My ex husband keeps taking my child back to our old house without permission and the social worker and guardian have been in contact with him and hes lied to them.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: the last court date we had it was decided that we all had to sign expectations agreements and hes refusing to sign it. He took her the first time and did it as a secret.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I have been going through Workington Court in Cumbria,
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you I a just trying to find out where I stand with it all.

Hello I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

I would be greatly appreciative if you could use the 5 stars to rate my advice once I have provided it you.

Thank you

Thank you for your enquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Clearly this is something you have concerns about. If you ex is misleading everyone and potentially putting the children at risk then one thing you can do (even if there is a court order in place) is stop contact completely. If you do this due to serious concerns then it would be classed as safeguarding. However, if there is a court order and you wish to do this then it would be a good idea to speak to cafcass and also the social work prior to taking this action. That way everyone is informed about what is happening in the matter and you are not breaching any conditions. It may be the case that the social work or cafcass will look at making arrangements of their own. Once this is done you can look at returning to court to have any contact order amended due to the actions of your ex.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be recognised for my response by the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks

Ross Miller and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you