How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2100
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I bought a site with my parnter we have 2 kids where do i

This answer was rated:

I bought a site with my parnter we have 2 kids where do i stand if i move out with kids ? Or can i ? Will i lose the site to him or will i still own half ?

Hello, this isCustomer welcome to Just Answer.

I have been a legal expert on the site for several years and my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. Your satisfaction is my top priority! Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an lawyer-client relationship and it is always in your best interest to retain legal counsel, if you have a current legal matter, that you need help with.

Please allow me a few moments to reply with my initial answer. I am here but need time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Thank you for your enquiry and your patience.

You have not said whether you are married to this partner or not.

If you are married, it is slightly easier for you to make a claim for an interest in anything bought while married. This is because it will be seen as matrimonial property and you are likely to automatically be entitled to a share in the event of a separation. The situation is not so straightforward if you are not married. If not married, you will have to be able to evidence your contributions made towards the purchasing of the site and demonstrate why it is you are entitled to an interest. This is the case whether you remain living with your ex partner or not.

If you are not married therefore, it is advisable that you gather any evidence that you have prior to moving out to show why it is you would be entitled to an interest in the site. If your name is ***** ***** deed this will go a far way in establishing ownership.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

ReadyLaw and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day.