How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7234
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

It’s really long so apologise, however it’s better you

Customer Question

It’s really long so apologise, however it’s better you understand the situation
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Gloucester England
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hi my names sabrina lewisI recently was due to move from Gloucester to rugby Warwickshire I managed after months to get my son into an outstanding school and I was going to change my studying to Birmingham university from Gloucestershire university.However, I never went ahead with it because my child’s father told me he had a all these legal things in place and against me which frightened me that he would take my child. So I pulled out and stayed here in GloucesterMoving forward, and this sounds very crazy! Not knowing that my dad was actually in a romantic relationship with my sons fathers mum at the time , when I became pregnant keeping it was the only option for me.As time has gone by iv met my new partner who Iv been with for four years unfortunately he had a very series’s car accident sep 2019 which has left him needed many’s years of rehabilitation.This is when we decided we would move to rugby he has a lot of help here and he has a huge family with lots of kid who my son loves.My sons father only seen him on a Friday evening four times a month and I was always going to maintain this contact !My point now is, my sons father still lives with his mum and my dad after all these years ! I dont have the best relationship with my dad anymore Because Of this, my new partner finds it really hard to understand, it’s embarrassing for my son and it’s been years now! Iv put up with it all for so long and I just don’t believe it’s healthy in anyway shape or form. I just really want to be able to leave this town without him dictating and controlling my life anymoreMy sons father is originally from Southampton where he has a son there who he has not one thing to do with. All he says is I will never be able to moveI want the best advice on what I should so please
Expert:  plclegal replied 20 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** for your patience.

I’ll do my best to assist you today and I’m sorry that you are going through this. I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information. You may receive a phone call request which is from the site, not me, and you may choose to ignore this request.

Please be patient with me as I am generally assisting multiple customers at once and this is an email service, but will I will review your question and respond to you as soon as I can, as your question is very important to me. I hope that I can help you resolve your issue today.

Expert:  plclegal replied 20 days ago.

If your proposed move will not interfere with the contact that your son's father has with him, then your proposed move should not be opposed by the court.

You will need to apply for a specific issue order from the family court.

In order to do this you have to attend mediation first. This might mean that you can get agreement without having to go to court.

Please see here for a link to find your local mediator:

For the court order, you would apply on a c100 form, here:

You send 3 copies of this form to the local family court centre.

Alternatively, you can apply online:

The application costs £215.00, and you can represent yourself so you don't need to engage a lawyer. You can also possibly get a fee exemption if you are on low income/have low savings.

For this you would need to fill out a fee exemption form:

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If you have specific questions arising from my response, let me know and I’ll happily clarify for you.

In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Please be aware that my answer is based strictly upon the information you have given me and is provided by way of general advice.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will be happy to reply because the thread remains open for you.

I am always happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the thread.

Thank you for your trust in our service.

Best wishes,


Customer: replied 19 days ago.
What he doesn’t attend meditation
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
What if sorry*
Expert:  plclegal replied 19 days ago.

Of course - if he doesn't attend mediation you can apply straight to court as the mediator will sign the c100 form to say that mediation has not worked out due to his non engagement.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks for all This information Peter
Expert:  plclegal replied 18 days ago.

I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day.