How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16365
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I’ve recently fallen out with my partner, every month I

Customer Question

Hi there, I’ve recently fallen out with my partner, every month I would transfer my wages to her account to save from spending to much money, I’ve also recently given her my tax return, how do I go about getting my money back as she is refusing to transfer any back.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Central scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I’ve just communicated with herself, I don’t want to involve police or anything as she could potentially lose her job if things turn really sour
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that should be all
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JGM replied 19 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 19 days ago.

Was this money for housekeeping etc?

Expert:  JGM replied 19 days ago.

Can you explain your situation a little more please? The more information I have, the better I will be able to answer your question and that is what I want to be able to do.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
It was for house bills, I’ve never been on the lease for the rent tho, so I have no security for my living condition. So the situation is I’ll have no where to start if this gets worse and as all my money goes into her account, I’d have no money for a flat deposit. She constantly says all my money goes into the house, rent for the house is under £500 a month and all bills added up is around £1100-£1200 I give her around £1100 a month, plus last month I have her around £2200 on top of the £1100 as I had my tax return come in. I just would like to know if I have any legal presidency for retrieving money? Any hep would be much appreciated. Thanks
Expert:  JGM replied 19 days ago.

If you gave her money for house bills then that money is deemed to be owed equally. So half of what is left would be due to you as at the date of separation.