Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

About a month ago my child’s mum stopped me seeing my boy

About a month ago my child’s mum stopped me seeing my boy and turned csa on me stopped talking to me , just don’t understand
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No just tried to talk , just called a solicitor they want £300 per hour , not got that money
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Peterhead, Scotland
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think my boy might be at risk with her other child who is ortistic

Hello, thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time however, I will respond to your question today. I look forward to assisting you.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Firstly, the CSA (now CMS) are a different issue to the discussion of contact with the child. You have to make CSA/CMS payments regardless of if you see a child or not. The first thing you need to do is speak to the mother and see if you can get contact. If this is not the case then you will have to instruct a solicitor and take the matter to court for a child welfare hearing. A judge will look at the situation and hopefully order that you are to get contract. The level and type of contact will be legally instructed. If you, or your exporter has concerns then they can be raised at the hearing. If this is the case then the judge may instruct reports to be done prior to any contact being ordered.

I will provide you with a helpful link which will allow your to find a solicitor near you local area who will be able to assist you with this matter.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

If you require any help moving forward on this matter in the future, please do feel free to come back to us and I would be more than happy to assist.

Kindest Regards.

Ross Miller,
Experience: Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions