How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2214
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I was receiving Unemployment support allowance. This has now

This answer was rated:

I was receiving Unemployment support allowance . This has now been stopped and I have been asked to appeal . I suffer with a number of things which could be caused by a tumor which was found on my brain after a scan . High blood pressure , depression and faecal incontinence are the main reasons . Can you please assist me in getting my support back as I am running into financial difficulties . Thank you .
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No .
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live ib Chiswick London
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of . Apart from I was already receiving the credit without any problems before they stopped it . The payments I was receiving were also obtained by appeal .

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to help.

Thanks for your enquiry and your patience.

I really am sorry this has happened to you. I understand all too well how distressing this must be.

You haven’t said whether you have asked for a mandatory reconsideration of the decision. This is important as this must first be done prior to appealing.this must usually be done within a month having received your decision. Have a look in the lack you received, there should be something there which explains how to go about the mandatory reconsideration.
If after having done this, you are still unsuccessful, then you are able to appeal. To appeal , you need to fill in form SSCS1. Here is a copy of the form as well as the guidance on how to complete it.



In setting out your mandatory reconsideration and/or appeal, don’t take it for granted that they are aware of your illnesses so it should be automatic that you will get it. Ensure that you set out in detail all the concerns you have. Where you can set out when you have to get assistance with day to day living, how you get assistance. If at all you are able to get supporting documents from your GP to include, it would support your application to also include this.

As a general guide, you may get some help from your local citizens advice bureau in how to complete the documents. So, you can give them a ring.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day.

ReadyLaw and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you