ShakraH1031
ShakraH1031,
Experience:  Expert
110600976

How can I get a court order for the children, No. I want to

Customer Question

How can I get a court order for the children
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No. I want to get the process started. Basically I have text evidence my ex and his girlfriend are using cocaine and are around my children
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Lancashire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it
Expert:  ShakraH1031 replied 21 days ago.

Good morning and welcome to JA

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Good morning

I will do my best to assist you. Can you please tell me a little more about your situation?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Basically my ex and his girlfriend who does not live with him. But does stay at his alot are using cocaine. My 2 daughters aged 2 and 4 spend every other weekend there. I'm very worried my girls are around them while they are high or worried there is cocaine around the house that my girls could find.

If you would prefer, I am happy to have a telephone discussion with you? Otherwise, no problem, we can continue on live chat.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I'm happy to stick with live chat
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I have text evidence off my ex telling me she uses cocaine and he does to.

Sure - Do they visit their father by agreement or is there a court order in place?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Just a mutual agreement .I was happy till I heard his girlfriend was spending nights there when my girls were there.

Yes, I can fully understand. Have you expressed your concerns to your Ex?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I have . He just doesnt care. Says shell be around the girls but not sleep over.

As this is a serious safe guarding and safety issue for your children, Firstly, you should stop contact.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Okay. I wasnt sure if I was within my rights to. What do I do after I stop contact

I would then advise that you appoint a mediator, who will speak to both of you, and this will enable you to express your concerns and the reasons for stopping contact. He will have to explain what he is prepared to do to ensure the safety of the children while they are in his care.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
How do I get a mediator ? I just want a court order to stop all unsupervised contact
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
A mediator wont work in my personal opinion

If mediation is not successful, then he will have to apply to Court to gain access and all matters will be discussed.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Okay. So what steps do I take now

If you google 'Mediators in my area' you will be able to find one. Alternatively, you can ask a local solicitor to write a letter on your behalf.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Okay .

If you are not reassured by your Ex, you may also report your husband to Children's services if you think there is a risk of harm to the children

If the above fails then you can make an application to the court yourself for a Child Arrangements Order mentioning you have concerns with drug use in the application

I hope I have sufficiently answered your question. Can I help you with anything else?

Thank you for contacting JA. Please do contact us again if we can assist you with anything further.