How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7220
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I had some issues with my partner with some allegations made

This answer was rated:

Hi, I had some issues with my partner with some allegations made and I was arrested by the police in November 2019. The charges were dropped by the CPS in March 2020. I then took a undertaking in May after a court hearing and the undertaking ended in October. I have been unable to go to my house since my arrest and also been unable to have access to my possessions. My ex partner and her father then got their solicitor involved and my solicitor responded stating I wanted to sell my house the other two properties we have together as soon as possible and for me to have access or collect my possessions.
It now has been 1 month and I still have not had a response from them. What I wanted help with was the following:
1. Can they hold my possessions? It's been a year now and I have had to buy new items.
2. I have told them I want to sale the properties and we at the moment don't have the income to pay the mortgages for the properties. I don't want the houses reposed as there is value in them. What do you suggest I do?
3. Her father has again denied access to computer equipment which belong to our liquidated company. He has not yet handed that over to the liquidators. This equipment has my personal photos and data. How do I get this equipment back?
4. There was just £2700 in my drawer in the house and since I moved out her father has stated its not there anymore.
5. There is large depts from the liquidation of out company which were guaranteed by both me and my ex. She has not taken any responsibility in dealing with the creditors.I hope you can shed some light on the points above and give me some help if possible on what to do next.Thank you

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi i will wait for an answer

Hello, my name is***** for your patience.

I’ll do my best to assist you today and I’m sorry that you are going through this. I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information. You may receive a phone call request which is from the site, not me, and you may choose to ignore this request.

Please be patient with me as I am generally assisting multiple customers at once and this is an email service, but will I will review your question and respond to you as soon as I can, as your question is very important to me. I hope that I can help you resolve your issue today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you

No problem.

1. They cannot hold your possessions - they belong to you. You may need to involve a solicitor though to get them back. Your solicitor should write to them setting out what you are asking for and give a date by which there needs to be agreement or you would have no choice but to make a court claim for their return or the cash equivalent as an alternative, seeking legal costs from them.

2. You can make an application to court for the sale of the properties, it's a trusts law application - again your solicitor can set this out in a letter to them.

3. You should include this in the court claim.

4. Again you should seek this sum of money from them in a claim.

5. This point is slightly out of my expertise as I don't deal in liquidation of companies. Could you post this as a specific question for a commercial lawyer to assist you with?

I hope that this assists - thank you for coming to JustAnswer with your legal queries.

plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7220
Experience: Barrister at law
plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for you help

I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day.

I hope that your query has been resolved.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter