How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7255
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

My partner has ptsd hes been off his meds and and argument

This answer was rated:

My partner has ptsd hes been off his meds and and argument has happened where he gripped me infront of a child is there any way back for us as a family now?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes he has also been to a mental hospital he is on 150ml sertaline
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Socail services are involved as his child is on child protection register

Hello, my name is***** for your patience.

I’ll do my best to assist you today and I’m sorry that you are going through this. I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information. You may receive a phone call request which is from the site, not me, and you may choose to ignore this request.

Please be patient with me as I am generally assisting multiple customers at once and this is an email service, but will I will review your question and respond to you as soon as I can, as your question is very important to me. I hope that I can help you resolve your issue today.

There is possibly a way back to normality for you.

This is going to depend on how well your partner can engage with support services, maintain his commitment to necessary medication and as to whether you can act as a protective influence where your children are concerned, by removing them from him if things should look like they are going to escalate again.

Social services will be concerned about whether he is able to do this and whether you are able to keep yourself and the children safe.

It will involve working with them in order to show that any perceived risk is reduced/ minimised.

If you are all (importantly he needs to be able to do this to) able to work together you should be able to reunite as a family.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If you have specific questions arising from my response, let me know and I’ll happily clarify for you.

In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Please be aware that my answer is based strictly upon the information you have given me and is provided by way of general advice.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will be happy to reply because the thread remains open for you.

I am always happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the thread.

Thank you for your trust in our service.

Best wishes,


I hope that your query has been resolved.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter

plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you