plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I applied to family court end of August and still not heard

I applied to family court end of August and still not heard anything. Is this due to covid
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Yeah. I filled in the forms and sent a cheque for 210 pound
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Exeter.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nah. That's it

Hello, my name is***** for your patience.

I’ll do my best to assist you today and I’m sorry that you are going through this. I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information. You may receive a phone call request which is from the site, not me, and you may choose to ignore this request.

Please be patient with me as I am generally assisting multiple customers at once and this is an email service, but will I will review your question and respond to you as soon as I can, as your question is very important to me. I hope that I can help you resolve your issue today.

Can you confirm what order(s) you applied for?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It was an Order to see my kids. A d1 and loads of number form. I tried mediation.that was refused by my ex so I sent that form the other form and 210 pound cheque

It looks like you clicked the call request button - apologies I can’t take a call at the moment but other experts are free to contact you. If no one calls you then you will not be charged for it - an "authorisation" has been made for payment, that's all. However, the call request is open to all experts - if you want to cancel the call then please send an email to *****@******.***, or contact customer care on this number - 0808(###) ###-#### I will continue to answer online in the meantime.

To confirm in that case - you have applied for a child arrangements order on form c100?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Just want to know how long I have to wait for my hearing
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I don't want a phone call. I'm ok doing it through messages

Of course.

It's the case that sadly there has been a real delay in many cases getting to the first hearing because of covid-19 and the backlog of applications - which have also gone up in number.

I suggest you call the court directly and ask how your case is progressing and when you will get a hearing date.

If the cheque has not been cashed yet it may be that there is a problem with the application - so calling the court is the best option.

I'll send through the court's contact details in a moment.

Here are the contact details you need.

Family queries:

*****@******.***

Family queries:

01392 415 320

Appointments - Family:

01392 415 355

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If you have specific questions arising from my response, let me know and I’ll happily clarify for you.

In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Please be aware that my answer is based strictly upon the information you have given me and is provided by way of general advice.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will be happy to reply because the thread remains open for you.

I am always happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the thread.

Thank you for your trust in our service.

Best wishes,

Peter

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Yeah. The cheque is still yet to be cashed.

That makes sense - I would call to chase in that case as there may be a problem.

Best of luck in resolving this.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter