How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27853
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

My dad died last year, he was Greek. My mom and dad got

This answer was rated:

Hi my dad died last year, he was Greek. My mom and dad got married in U.K. in the 80’s and divorced in 93 also in U.K. anyway my dad never registered his divorce so on his death certificate it still shows he’s married to my mom. I’ve been told that a copy and translation and apostle of the divorce decree is not enough and I need a form article 39?? Where can I obtain this please??

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years experience.

Am I correct to assume you are trying to register the UK divorce in a foreign jurisdiction please as this should not be required if seeking to register the divorce in the UK. Are you able to confirm the position please?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi yes I need it to send to greece
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (1TTVVM3)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This is what a lawyer in Greece sent me

Thanks. The Article 39 form and be obtained via the EU's e-Justice website here - I hope the link works as it is quite long:

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thank you. Do I just print and fill it out and then get apostle and translation? Thank you so much for your help .

You can complete the form online and then save and print it off. It may then need to be translated and apostilled as you say depending on the requirements of the local jurisdiction - your Greek lawyer will be able to confirm on this latter point.

Joshua and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you so much ��

a pleasure. All the best