SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

Can judge order non molestation order/prohibited steps order

Can judge order non molestation order/prohibited steps order of no contact between two adults when neither of them has asked for such an order? If he makes his mind up that one of the parties may be at risk even if both of them deny it

Hi, I'm Lea

Are the two of you involved in proceedings against each other?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is: 0808(###) ###-####/li>
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.

Incidentally, your profile says you are in the USA, but the terms you have used are English law terms...I presume you are in the UK?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
uk
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I do apologise for having put usa
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
We are not involved in proceedings against each other
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
She is giving evidence of my character at a hearing for my children from another marriage and ex says that i must be controlling the new lady as well
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The judge took that seriously
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thats why i wanted to know what his powers are

No, the judge cannot make a non mol against you on behalf of her if she hasn't asked for one.

Of course, involving her in your court case wasn't smart either...it gave the mother the opportunity to raise what she did.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How about any kind of order where he could stop contact between us against our wishes? It’s just i am really scared of this judge

If your partner wants an order, she can apply for one. The judge can't impose one - she's not even a party to the case.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you thank you thank you

You're welcome.

Thank you for using JA.