How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4016
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

My ex wife and I have split up, iv have my kids 4 night 1

Customer Question

Hi my ex wife and I have split up, iv have my kids 4 night 1 week and 3 nights the other week. I don't pay any maintenance but I pay for what they need when I have them. I work full-time and she works part-time and claims for the kids and get help with the house. The question i want to ask is if I get a part time job is it possible for me to claim anything if I have the kids half the time?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Wigan
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next.

If you get a part time job you will be able to claim benefits in your own right if you are eligible, but it is likely that you will have to claim for one child and the mother will have to claim for the other (or to decide who claims for the children if you have more than 2). Benefits will not pay both parents for all the children.

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks for your response it was really helpful.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

You're very welcome.