james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have a quick question regarding contact orders. Normally a

Customer Question

Hi I have a quick question regarding contact orders. Normally a contact order would end when the child is 18. Is this the case for disabled Children or can it be extended?
Expert:  james bruce replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

In fact, normally contact orders actually end when a child reaches the age of 16, unless there are exceptional circumstances where the order can have effect for a longer period and end at the latest when the child is 18.

They would not continue past that age.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
even for disabled children it stops at 18

Yes that is correct.