How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NewExpertAS4920 Your Own Question
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 348
Experience:  Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
NewExpertAS4920 is online now

Marriage in eu, I want divorce, Wolverhampton, No

Customer Question

Marriage in eu
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: I want divorce
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Wolverhampton
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hello. My marriage registered in EU and we both me ant my partner are EU citizens. I want a divorce. Can you tell me a little bit more about the procedure?
Expert:  NewExpertAS4920 replied 16 days ago.
Hi! I am a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. I will be assisting you with your query today. I may need to ask a few questions before I can address your query.Please bear in mind this is a chat service and there may be delays in responding due to assisting other customers.
Expert:  NewExpertAS4920 replied 16 days ago.
How long have you been living in England? Is your partner also in England?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Over 6 years, yes we both live in England
Expert:  NewExpertAS4920 replied 16 days ago.
In that case you can file your divorce in England. You can do this online or by paper. You will need to file a form D8
Expert:  NewExpertAS4920 replied 16 days ago.
You can find the form using the following link is a court fee of £550.00
Expert:  NewExpertAS4920 replied 16 days ago.
Please let me know if you have any further questions